Things you will need:
- Apple Cider Vinegar – (ACV) is one of nature’s strongest antibiotics. It can kill just about every bacteria, virus and protozoa it comes into contact with. And candida albicans are definitely on its list! Not only does ACV help to get rid of yeast fungus, it also helps to recolonise the intestines and vagina with friendly bacteria (lactobacillus). Once this occurs, the healthy bacteria will act as a powerful guard, so to speak, and stop the bad bacteria (candida) from returning.
- Neem Oil – soothes itchiness, redness and irritation.
- Neem Capsules – taking neem internally has the ability to make the immune system stronger and helps a person rid its body of illnesses that may weaken the body.
- Chia Seeds – Full of antioxidants , Omega 3’s and fiber. All necessary for a stronger immune system.
- Spirulina – one of the most nutritious, concentrated whole foods known to humankind. provides:
• 60% protein and an excellent source of Vitamins A, K1, K2, B12 and Iron, Manganese, and Chromium*
• Rich source of health-giving phytonutrients such as carotenoids, GLA, SOD, and phycocyanin*
There’s nothing to spoil your sexy night that you have been planning on than the onset of a yeast infection (except maybe a gift from Aunt Flo). We’ve been there, and through some experimenting and research, we’ve found that the best way to alleviate the symptoms of a yeast infection and get everything back on track is going au naturale.
What is a yeast infection?
A yeast infection is irritation of the vagina and the area around the vulva caused by the overgrowth of the fungus, Candida albicans.
What are the signs of a yeast infection?
The most common signs of a yeast infection are extreme itchiness in and around the vagina. Other symptoms may also include: Burning, redness and swelling of the vagina and vulva, pain when urinating, pain during sex, soreness, a thick white discharge from the vagina that looks like cottage cheese but does not have a bad odor.
How to treat a yeast infection naturally?
1. Fill a glass of about 6 to 8 ounces of water.
2. Add 1 teaspoon of chia seeds to the water and let the Chia seeds soak while you’re taking a sitz bath.
3. Pour about 2 cups of apple cider vinegar in your bath water.
4. Soak for about twenty minutes.
5. Pat your body dry, be extra careful to pat the vagina dry or use a blow dryer on the lowest setting.
6. Soak a cotton ball with Neem oil and gently apply to the effected areas: vagina, around the lips and anus.
7. Now that you are out of the bathroom, go back to your cup of water with the chia seed. Add a teaspoon of spirulina to the water with the chia seeds in it. Stir and take two Neem capsules. We like to add low sugar (under 7g of sugars) cranberry juice to our drink and enjoy.
If you want to really super charge the healing process, you can add a shot of wheatgrass to the drink.
You should now start to feel relief from the symptoms Repeat until the visible overgrowth of yeast is eliminated.
In fewer days than taking prescribed or over the counter medicine, you will not only feel better, but you would have given your immune system an incredible boost.
During this time, it is important to eat properly. Avoid processed and sugary foods and beverages. When fighting off yeast infections, your body needs proteins and it needs to be able to eliminate waste as it kills off the bad bacteria.
Try this protein rich dish. The fiber rich quinoa will help move the unhealthy bacteria and the overgrowth of yeast from your system.
Quick Quinoa dish
Cook quinoa as instructed on package (substitute vegetable or chicken stock for the water when cooking).
After quinoa is cooked, add can of wild salmon, drained
1 bunch of fresh chopped parsley
2 large cucumbers
Diced tomatoes (use as many as you like)
Handful of chopped cilantro (only because we like cilantro)
Few sprigs of fresh tarragon.
Mix all together in bowl and spray Braggs liquid amino for seasoning
Be sure to join us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Share with us on Pinterest